Yogi Tea’s roots stem from the 3 000-year-old Indian Ayurvedic teachings about the balance between body, mind and soul. In the 1960s, Indian yoga and Ayurveda traditions were first introduced to the West. Yogi Bhajan, a master of Kundalini Yoga, was one of the early pioneers of this knowledge transfer. In 1969 he came to the USA to share his wisdom and knowledge of Ayurveda and yoga with his students while serving them an aromatic spice tea blend which they affectionately named “Yogi tea”.
This unique Ayurvedic tea blend is based on an original recipe by Yogi Bhajan and contains cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and black pepper.
Today, people all around the world enjoy the special blends made from more than 80 organically-grown herbs and spices that give the various Yogi Tea blends their unmistakeable flavour and health-supporting properties.
The Yogi Tea Philosophy
- We serve – we do this by serving a genuine and quality product to our consumers and by serving and caring for the interests of all stakeholders
- We are authentic, respectful and honest. Our products will always be grounded in Ayurveda and the health-giving powers of herbs.
- We are passionate about what we do – we are committed to excellence and to a discipline of doing the right things right.
- We only make healthy products – we sustain the environment and are responsible for our impact on it.
- We will continuously improve – by creating a learning environment, by empowering our team members and by providing training and growth for people to develop and achieve their highest potential, within a pleasant and safe workplace.
- We operate with integrity – it is fundamental to all aspects of our dealings with our stakeholders.